When it comes to blinds that are made of wood, those made using basswood are one of the most common. Basswood can be stained to match the furnishings of the home which makes them a popular choice. They can be stained into many different colors to match the various preferences of people and they can also be easily worked with hand tools. With basswood, you can come up with different applications for home decorating and at the same time basswood blinds are also very durable and weather resistant which makes them ideal whether you use them for indoors or outdoors.
If you use your basswood blind for outdoors, it would be prone to damage caused by dampness and growth of mildew. So how do you take proper care of your window blinds and make it last longer when used outdoors? You can use a good quality stain for the wood to protect it from damage caused by the weather. For mildew, you can make use of diluted solution of bleach to keep it clean and to protect the beauty of your window blind. It is advisable that you do this every 10 days or every 2 weeks if you want your window blinds to last longer.
For basswood window blinds used for indoors, it doesn’t require a lot of maintenance compared to those that are used outside. They just have to be dusted regularly just like what you do with your other furniture at home. As mentioned earlier, there are various colors and designs you can choose from. Just make sure that you choose something that would match your home décor. But this would not be too difficult for blinds made of basswood as the use of natural wood will definitely look good in any type of home and would add a new look to the room.
Basswood window blinds can be made into roller blinds but you can also find vertical blinds made of basswood. But the vertical blinds have thicker slats. This type of window blind is ideal for tall windows. Just make sure that when you choose your window blind, it would fit perfectly to your window. This would not be a big problem for standard-sized windows but if you want to have them custom made, make sure that you give the accurate measurements. You would not want blinds that would be too short for your window.
- Reasons Why You Should Opt for Vinyl Mini Blinds for Windows
- Make your Room More Beautiful With Sheer Vertical Blinds
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Ready Made Blinds
- Kitchen Blinds – What type of Blinds are Suitable for your Kitchen?
- Advantages of Security Blinds
- Basswood Blinds for Your Home
- Why Timber Blinds are So Popular
- Choosing the Right Conservatory Window Blinds
- Getting the Right Measurements to Get Perfect Fitted Blinds
- Different Options for 1 Wood Blinds
- Pleated Conservatory Blinds and Other Options for Your Conservatory
- Improve Your Office With the Right Office Blinds
- Wilson Blinds
- Ideas for Vertical Blind Slats
- Different Types of Roman Blinds Ready Made
- The Various Options for Ready Made Roman Blinds
- Bamboo Roll Up Blinds
- Long Lasting Aluminum Blinds
- Advantages of White Venetian Blinds
- Where Black Vertical Blinds Would Look Best
- Things to Consider Before Purchasing Made to Measure Roman Blinds
- National Blinds for the Office
- Home Depot Blinds
- Give Your Home or Office a Cool New Look With Black Venetian Blinds
- Bali Vertical Blinds – What Makes Them an Excellent Choice
- Blinds Made Easy are Made Affordable As Well
- Improve Your Home and Offices With Aluminum Venetian Blinds
- Making Use of Cheap Wood Blinds For Your Home
- Tips in Choosing Cheap Mini Blinds
- Affordable Blinds For The Home